This is the first month we’ve had maintenance anniversaries to announce, and no SP to announce it on…
It saddens me to know that many of the people on the Hall of Fame won’t see us celebrating their anniversary when it comes around, since few have provided a URL or place to find them. So I’ll try a few things besides announcing it on the Google group, including posting an announcement here.
If you happen to see this and are in touch with former Sparkers elsewhere*, such as on FB, or MFP, or any other place, please feel free to copy and re-post, to spread the word!
*And if they have a visible profile at this -elsewhere-, please encourage them to update their maintenance info to include a URL to it, so anyone else on that platform can also congratulate them! ❤️
Congratulations to our September maintainers!
- Sep 1: GLORIAMAJDI, 8 years!
- Sep 2: PATTI_PAL1, 8 years!
- Sep 13: ROSEWAND, 11 years! www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/rosewand
- Sep 13: TZAPP22, 4 years! wherevermyheartleads.me
- Sep 23: DDOORN, 12 years!
Maintenance Hall of Fame:
To get onto this list or update your information, go here:
These are important milestones!
– The likelihood of regaining weight when you reach goal is 80%+ to 95% (various sources).
– When you’ve maintained for 2 years the likelihood of regain drops to 50%.*
– When you’ve maintained for 5 years the likelihood of regain drops to 27%!*
And don’t forget, we have lots of maintenance information and advice collected in our Big Page of (maintenance) Links.
Our most valuable maintenance resource, however, is our dedicated group* of real, live Maintainers and Aspiring Maintainers! 😀
*This group is agnostic with regard to tracker and/or fitness platform. Our members are using: LoseIt, MFP, Cronometer, FatSecret, MyNetDiary, 1st Phorm, etc. We encourage folks to use whatever works best for them, personally. The main thing is having the support of other maintainers, people who get what it’s like, to be in this for the long haul. 💖